Minutes of Monthly Board of Directors Meeting....June 16, 2020
Meeting called to order by Speaker Mr. Skidmore at 9:05 am. As in May, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we met at Wheatfield, outside, between fields 2 and 3.
All members present. Al Rico, Ted Bennett, Dan Krepich and Ed Nichols Jr, attended as guests. Brief appearance by Larry Roberts with receipts for work/purchases at Discovery Park.
1. Motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Fisher to approve the previous month’s meeting minutes. Vote was 7-0 in favor. Motion passed.
2. Mr. Skidmore presented the May 2020 financial report. Current balance $8,403.19. Motion made by Mr. Quigley with a second by Mr. Sennett for approval. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
3. There was a discussion on the budget for fiscal year 2021, beginning September 2020. Mr. Skidmore requested board members submit what they think the league's Reserve should be. Mr. Skidmore will present budget numbers at the July 21 meeting for the board to vote on. Mr. Skidmore will finalize the 2021 budget based on the approved league fee and will present the 2021 budget at the August meeting for approval.
4. Amended MSSL Procedures given to Mr. Curley for finalization. (Completed and posted on the website).
5. Mr. Fuhrmann presented costs for plaques regarding re-naming our fields for Mr. Ed Hustead and Mr. Rex Finley. Cost seems to be low. Mr. Fuhrmann will double check with the vendor. Carlos Kurianski is the construction manager.
6. Mr. Fuhrmann presented the new scoreboards constructed by Mike Coltharp. All the comments were extremely complimentary. A huge "Thank You" to Mike for his contribution to the MSSL.
7. Mr. Curley briefed us on the cost of the Website (Go Daddy) which ends December 15, 2020. It will cost us $200/year to keep our Website with Go Daddy.
8. Mr. Fuhrmann presented the MSSL members running to replace the three (3) outgoing board members. They are Ted Bennett, Robb Braun, Bob Curley (current board member), Dan Krepich and Jeff Millard. Nominations are now closed. The election will take place as soon as we can start the Fall League.
9. Discussed how to proceed with our re-opening when we get the approval from government officials. Brian Crozier created a document with the procedures the league will have to follow at the ballpark. The document has been sent to Valley Wide for their review and approval.
1. Discussed the purchase of a MSSL megaphone, which can be used for multiple purposes. Mr. Fisher made a motion with a second from Mr. Quigley for the league to purchase a megaphone with cost not to exceed $75.00. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.
2. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 9:00am. Meeting will be outside at Wheatfield in the shade between Fields 2 and 3. If attending, bring a chair.
3. Mr. Quigley made a motion for adjournment with a second by Mr. Fuhrmann. Vote was 7-0.
Meeting adjourned at 1030 am.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann