Minutes...Board of Directors meeting...September 17, 2019
Meeting called to order by Speaker,Mr. Skidmore at 1:06PM.
All members present with the exception of Mr. Hustead and Mr. Curley. Manny Morones attended as guest.
1. Motion made to accept previous month’s minutes by Mr. Crozier with a second by Mr. Sennett. Vote was 6-0. Motion passed.
2. Mr. Skidmore presented the financial results for August 2019. Also reviewed was the 2020 fiscal year budget. Reminder that our MSSL fiscal year runs from September to August. Motion to accept the August 2019 Financials made by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr.Quigley. Vote was 6-0. Motion passed. Current cash balance is $5,354.06 with $500 in expenses outstanding.
3. Mr. Fuhrmann advises that our current MSSL rules have been updated and sent to Mr. Curley. Current rules as of September 3, 2019 now posted on our website. Mr. Fuhrmann is now starting work on updating our MSSL procedures.
4. Mr. Quigley and Mr. Fuhrmann advised that the new procedures for the field preparation are working satisfactorily. Mr. Fuhrmann advised that we are getting good cooperation from Valley Wide Recreation on the movement of the bases to the correct position.
1. Mr. Dick provided an update on the collection of 2020 league fees. Mr. Dick will send out a list of players not yet paid and their status. (Now completed).
2. Frank White has resigned as our Chief Umpire. Steve Baranick has been appointed as the new Chief Umpire.
3. Mr. Crozier advised us of progress in meeting with the City of Menifee for the purpose of "meeting and greeting". Mr. Skidmore and Mr. Crozier will meet with representatives of the city's Parks and Recreation department on October 1, 2019.
4. Mr. Crozier finalizing game with Gina Oliver of the Mt. San Jacinto College girls’ softball team. Prospective date is Wednesday, November 13, 2019. Further information to be provided.
5. Mr. Fisher proposed possible new rule change on player substitutions. After discussion this topic has been tabled to a future meeting as rules cannot be changed once a season has begun.
6. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
7. Mr. Fuhrmann made a motion for adjournment with a second by Mr. Sennett. Vote was 6-0. Motion passed and meeting adjourned at approximately 1:57PM.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann