Board of Directors meeting
April 18, 2019
Meeting called to order at approximately 1:05 pm. by Speaker Mr. Skidmore.
All members present except Mr. Hustead, Mr. Fisher, and Mr. Curley. Guests included Brian Crozier, Jesus Hernandez, John Sennett, Ed Nichols and Gene Dick.
1) Motion made by Mr. Sternberger with a second by Mr. Millard to approve the previous months minutes. Vote was 5-0. Motion passed.
2) Mr. Skidmore presented the March 2019 financials. Current balance is $7,870.62. Motion made by Mr. Sternberger with a second by Mr. Millard to approve the report. Vote was 5-0. Motion passed.
NOTE: The Board of Directors has not and does not intend to donate MSSL league funds to any charity or cause. MSSL league funds will ONLY be used for MSSL league operations. They are not opposed to donations for any worthwhile cause run by individual MSSL members.
3) League publisher, Ric Davila has updated several league rules. They are waiting to be included in the official RULES document.
4) We have been advised that we have enough league patches for at least 2 more seasons. Mr. Fuhrmann presented the history (obtained from previous owner Tim Nehrling) to Mr. Skidmore for re-ordering when necessary.
5) New start times of 0830 and 1030 effective with Tuesday, May 7, 2019 games.
6) Mr. Trez advises that our individual MSSL members collected $500.00 for the Mt. San Jacinto girls’ softball team. MSJC Girls Softball cannot take cash. The league therefore deposited the $500.00 collected from league members and wrote a league check to MSJC FOR $500.00.
7) Discussed additional ways to distribute information about our league. We will have information printed and distributed to various neighboring cities in addition to the cities currently represented by the MSSL.
8) Mr. Skidmore made contact during the meeting with Tom Fuhrmann to schedule our MSSL league picnic at his ranch. Further information to be advised.
9) The BOD is currently interviewing members to become our commissioner's assistant. Eddie Hustead continues to be our MSSL commissioner.
10) Three of our current BOD members are up for re-election in May 2019. Anyone who wishes to be on the ballot needs to notify league secretary, Bob Fuhrmann (email@example.com), prior to May 1, 2019. Elections will take place at the ballfields on May 21 and 23, 2019. Mr. Fuhrmann reviewed voting procedures with all present and non-ballot BOD members will handle the balloting. NOTE: Our league commissioner is selected by the Board of Directors. BOD members are elected by the MSSL league members. You can meet the candidates on May 14 and 16, 2019 between the games at the flagpole.
11) Next meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 23, 2019.
12) Motion made by Mr. Millard with a second by Mr. Trez for adjournment. Vote was 5-0. Motion passed and meeting adjourned at approximately 2:05 pm.
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann.