Minutes....Board of Directors meeting....March 28, 2019

Meeting called to order by Speaker Mr. Skidmore at approximately 1:00 p.m.

 
All members present with no guests.

 
OLD BUSINESS.

1)..Motion made by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Sternberger to approved the previous months minutes.  Vote was 7-0.  Motion passed.

2)..Mr. Skidmore presented the financial results for February 2019. Balance is $8,490.91. Motion by Mr. Curley with a second by Mr. Fisher to approve the report. Vote was 7-0. Motion passed.

3)..Article VIII of our rules pertaining to players age 75+ reviewed and sent to our league publisher for updating.(now completed)

4)..Mr. Fuhrmann advised that he had received logo ordering information from Tim Nehrling and it was given to Mr. Skidmore for action.

 
NEW BUSINESS.

1)..Discussed the recent 5 rainouts.  The BOD members gave their opinions and the opinions that were solicited from the managers.  The vast majority wanted to play a full 27 game schedule regardless of the effect on the summer season.  Mr. Skidmore will contact the league scheduler for updating and revision as necessary (now completed).

2)..Game starting time to revert to 08:30 and 10:30 on Tuesday May 7, 2019.  (now published).

3)..Discussed alternative fields when Wheatfield is not available.  $100.00 per day for 2 fields if we go to Big League Dreams park in Perris.  We have no desire to play there permanently as it will increase our costs by over $8,000.00 annually. Lago Vista on Holland Rd is a possibility also.  No final decision made.

4)..Donation of $426.00 raised by our MSSL members for the Mt. San Jacinto girls softball team to support new equipment needed. Thanks to all league members that donated.

5)..Requested that where possible, all MSSL members to talk to prospective new members and to increase our leagues visibility.  The league needs to continue to bring in new members.

6)..Long discussion about candidates to assist our Commissioner if and when transition is necessary.

7)..Mr. Skidmore to talk to Tom Fuhrmann about holding our picnic at his facility.

8)..Mr. Fuhrmann updated list of current BOD members that will run for re-election in May and those who have advised that they want to become members of the BOD.  Mr. Fisher, Mr. Trez and Mr. Curley will oversee the ballots of the election.  Interested league members should contact a Board member to express their interest to run for one of the open spots.

9)..Richard Sandoval seeking permission to do documentary of our league and league members. Limited permission granted.  This is an opportunity to promote the league  Members can tell Richard directly, if they do not want to be included.

10)..Mr. Fuhrmann will prepare voluntary booklet of league members.  More information to follow next month.

11)..Next meeting scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 2019.

12)..Motion for adjournment by Mr. Fisher with a second by Mr. Sternberger.  Vote was 7-0.

 
Meeting adjourned at approximately 2:20 p.m.

 
Minutes submitted by Mr. Fuhrmann.